Armacell is a manufacturer of engineered foams and the world leader in the market for flexible technical insulation materials. In the financial year 2013, the company generated an annual turnover of 500 million euros. The group employs around 2,500 people and has 20 factories in 13 countries. It is headquartered in Münster, Germany. ARMAFLEX is the leading brand in the field of flexible technical insulation.
The company also produces thermoplastic insulation materials, covering systems, fire protection and noise control solutions as well as special foams for a multitude of industrial applications. Over the last two years, Armacell has developed new insulation systems for the oil and gas market, core foams for composite materials, and low-smoke products that are setting new standards in the industry.
Armaflex is renowned worldwide as the leading brand in flexible elastomeric foam insulation. Armaflex nitrile rubber materials offer low thermal conductivity insulation performance in tubes, flat sheets and rolls.
Class O Armaflex standard is produced for the India, Middle East and South Africa (AF/Armaflex Class O brand produced in the UK):
- Class O fire performance (BS 476 Part 6 & 7)
- Reduction of structure-borne noise by up to 30 dB(A)
- Thermal conductivity λ 0º = 0,034
- Water vapour diffusion resistance µ = 7,000
- FM and UL 94 approved
- Closed cell structure provides integral vapour barrier against moisture ingress to help protect against Corrosion Under Insulation
ArmaSound 240 is a versatile acoustic absorber which offers excellent transmission loss performance and both vibration damping and isolation properties:
- Open cell structure with complex pore geometry allows for effective absorption of airborne sound across a broad frequency range
- Physical properties allow absorption to be maximised at key "nuisance" frequencies
- Visco-elastic structure helps dampen resonance effects for enclosures or ducting which helps to reduce re-radiation effects
- A key component of the ArmaSound Industrial System developed to meet ISO 15665 "Acoustic Insulation for pipes, valves and flanges"
Fire protection and insulation in one With the new Armaflex Protect penetrations for both non-combustible and combustible pipes can be sealed off more simply than ever before. Whether in ceilings, solid walls or lightweight walls, Armaflex
Protect guarantees reliable fire protection in all structural elements without any complicated additional measures.
When Armaflex Protect is used, the gap around the pipework can be closed with conventional mortar/filler. So there is nothing to stand in the way of a smooth-running building process.
- For heating, plumbing and refrigeration pipes
- Without distance-restrictions even in F-90 lightweight walls
- Seals off penetrations for pipes up to 323 mm diameter
- In walls from d ≥ 100 mm
- Quick to install
- Correct installation facilitated
- Armaflex Protect itself fulfils the requirements –
- Irrespective of the adjoining insulation
A solution for all applications: no matter which structural element, pipe material, adjoining insulation. Due to the closed-cell structure, heating / plumbing, refrigeration and rainwater pipes can be sealed off quickly and efficiently without condensation.
By combining the proven properties of Armaflex with an intumescent, fireproof component, fire spread is ruled out. Armaflex Protect forms a reliable barrier.
Insulation covering resistant to scratch & mechanical impact
Designed for HVAC piping and ducts, this black woven glass cloth for Armaflex substrate offers good mechanical resistance, while still remaining flexible. It will not stain or mark. Arma-Chek GC is light weight with permanent curl characteristics which make it quick and easy to install, without using heavy equipment.
- Lightweight and easy to apply solution for all areas where protection against mechanical impact is needed
- No risk of galvanic corrosion
- Low maintenance system
- Significant reduction of installation cost
- Resistant to oil and chemicals
- Easy to install – no special tools required
- Non metal cladding system
The insulation system resistant to mechanical impact with a bright silver finish
Specially designed for cladding of Armaflex insulation, Arma-Chek Silver offers excellent resistance to mechanical impact and protection from weather and UV damage. It provides a professional metal-look finish, and assists in the prevention of under insulation corrosion.
Armachek Silver is lightweight, with permanent curl characteristics which make it quick and easy to install.